[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Demark is looking for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter for a contract or contract-to-hire position, for our client in Corvallis, OR. The Designer/Drafter in this position will work alongside engineers and senior Designer/Drafters to develop 3D models, 2D drawings, and technical documentation of structures, systems, and components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Generate 3-dimensional parts and assemblies.
2. Develop geometry for use in FEA and CFD analysis models.
3. Prepare process flow diagrams and process and instrumentation diagrams for both primary and balance of plant systems.
4. Create 2-dimensional line drawings and figures for reports.
5. Write design documentation to accompany engineering reports and studies.
6. Prepare and review engineering specifications, drawings, and other documentation that communicates the design and technical aspects of systems, structures, and components associated with both primary and balance of plant systems.
7. Prepare, review, and manage drafting standards and procedures.
8. Provide informal training and technical guidance to more inexperienced staff.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: An associate’s degree in drafting, engineering graphics technology, or pre-engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience: 5 years of relevant full-time professional experience is required. The following are also required:
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Siemens NX®.
• Familiarity with CAD modeling tools including, SolidWorks®, AutoCAD®, SmartPlant® 3D, and SmartPlant® P&ID.
• In-depth understanding of CAD tools, principles, and basic drafting practices.
• Demonstrated familiarity with drafting standards and best practices and an ability and motivation to learn new software and skills.
• Experience with other CAD platforms and CAD file management is not required, but is preferred.
Overall Job Knowledge and Performance:
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 is preferred.
Please submit resume.