[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One has a contract opportunity for a Nuclear Work Window Specialist to support our client’s Department of Energy (DOE) project in Aiken, SC. The Work Window Specialist will support the testing, maintenance, and operations workforce and lead work window critiques to determine improvement actions for work processes at this DOE facility.
Chartered to ensure work activities for a given week are “field ready”.
4 month position ( 40 hours per week )
Local candidate only / NO per diem or travel
Will pass all System One and Client on-boarding processes
Ability to lift 50lbs
Ability to climb ladders/access scaffolding
The Nuclear Work Window Specialist will have:
** High School Diploma
** 5 - Years of combined work control and field (construction, maintenance, and/or operations) experience
** 3 years commercial nuclear or DOE Complex experience or equivalent high/hazard/complex work environment
** Basic knowledge of plant process equipment including utilities, hand and power tools, and test equipment.
** Experience with CMMS programs (e.g. Assets Suite, CHAMPS, Maximo, etc.)
Addition qualification of the Nuclear Work Window Specialist are:
* Proficient in utilizing PC and various applications related to work control and work planning activities.
* Working knowledge of codes and regulations.
* Working knowledge of standard work planning practices and associated control systems, including working knowledge of best practices of work management.
* Working knowledge of scheduling practices.
* Thorough knowledge of hazard analysis and LOTO methods for worker protection.
* Must possess the ability to coordinate and work well with multiple groups for planning high hazard, complex work initiatives.
* Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications on technical and nontechnical subjects.
* Working knowledge of craft tools and calibration equipment, including hand and power tools, test equipment, mobile and fixed cranes.
* Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, vendor manuals, One Line Diagrams and P&IDs.
* Support Testing, maintenance, and operations workforce
* Develop work control packages which may include LOTO, work permits, special work permits (hot work/confined space), special work procedures, special PPE, and other field support as required
* Leads work window critiques to determine improvement actions for work processes.
* Work order generation and reporting using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Chartered to ensure work activities for a given week are “field ready”:
1. The right materials/tools are available for use
2. The right people are identified with the skills and training necessary
3. The right oversight resources are notified and available (competent person, SME, IH, etc)
4. The right documents are available and approved – develops consistent, robust JHAs with input by workers, SMEs, etc. – develops work packages with well understood and described work scope – Permits with correct reviews and approvals