[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS SPECIALIST
Under direction of the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, this role will support the Emergency Preparedness activities in accordance with the project schedule. This includes development of drill and exercise scenarios, drill control and evaluation, training the Area Emergency Operations personnel on their response actions, procedures, facilities, and equipment.
An elevated security clearance is not required for this position.
Specific capabilities desired:
1. Familiarity with DOE Order 151.1C/D and associated guides
2. Previous experience in the DOE Complex emergency preparedness and response
3. Experience as a trainer for emergency preparedness and response
4. Drill controller/evaluator experience for chemical, radiological, and mixed hazards drills and exercises.
5. Scenario writing experience for DOE complex or commercial reactor facilities
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills desirable
7. Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
References are requested that can verify stated capabilities.
Require 1 candidate with BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience. At least 5 years' experience in implementing requirements of DOE Order 151.1C, Comprehensive Emergency Management System, and associated DOE Guides.
Savannah River Site experience preferred.
ORIGINAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provide administrative and technical support to the SWPF Emergency Preparedness (EP) Coordinator, including but not limited to:
• Advising management on EP implementation strategy
• Preparing drill and exercise packages
• Drafting EP-related implementing procedures and plans
• Qualifying and acting as a Drill Controller
• Preparing drill reports, corrective action plans, and lessons learned
• Revising procedures