[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Mechanical Designer - 6 mo Contract-to-Hire
Looking for an opportunity to settle down in a long-term, permanent position with great benefits? We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer for Knoxville, TN. The selected designer shall be responsible for producing design documents for power generation projects with the assigned scope, schedule, budget, and quality requirements. This designer will work under the supervision of the engineers, while leading the design efforts for power generation projects.
Experience in the following:
* High-Efficiency Piping
* Stress Analysis
* Communicates effectively with clients on a regular basis regarding design-related updates on projects.
* Collaborates with project team to mitigate potential schedule and budget impacts resulting from design alterations.
* Performs high-level design functions for power generation projects.
* Coordinates work assignments and schedules with mechanical engineers, CAD personnel, and designers from other disciplines.
* Performs design-checking functions for other designers and CAD personnel.
* Assists in preparing man-hour estimates for proposals.
* Proactively communicates and promotes company’s capabilities to new and existing clients.
* Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
* Meets regularly with clients to discuss current & future projects, evaluate company performance, and identify other business opportunities.
* Provides management and leadership support by leveraging project selection.
* Manages projects in a coordinated manner to maximize financial return and client satisfaction.
* Technical application experience in the following software:
* Proficiency in the design and layout of piping systems, as well as familiarity with laser scanning techniques preferred.
* Associate degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent professional experience.
* 8+ years’ experience in mechanical design.