[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking qualified Nuclear Civil Supervisors.
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: General Superintendent
Responsible for BHI civil specific activities, including walk downs, planning, work plan development and reviews, preparation, look-ahead, implementation, risk identification and mitigation.
- Responsible for the supervision, daily coordination of support activities for BHI Energy civil employees and ensure assigned scope of activities are performed in a safe, effective, and cost efficient manner in accordance with BHI Energy and the client's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the Civil discipline BHI employee's adherence to BHI and customer standards for Safety, Error Prevention, Work Quality, Schedule Adherence, and craft Productivity for work.
- Participate in the supervisory observation program
- Provide coaching and mentoring for direct reports, other supervisors, and all BHI craft
- Responsible for the day-to-day direct supervision and oversight of all Civil non-manual and manual craft assigned to scope of Civil work.
- Communicate to all employees they shall report personal medical conditions or restrictions to the Safety Representative.
- Communicate to all employees that sustains a work related injury or illness to report to BHI Safety or Site Safety immediately.
- Immediately communicate all injuries to BHI Safety Manager/Director.
- Accompany the injured employee to Occupational Health Site (OHS), assists OSH in the collection of relevant information.
- Complete the field investigation and required documentation for Level 2 or Level 3 HU events, injury, or illness; initiates a Site Corrective Action Program Condition Report (CR). Ensure review by the respective Project Superintendent before publication (electronic input may be by the BHI CAP Coordinator).
- Ensure safety reports are completed (including photos, personal statements, or witness statements) and sent to the BHI Safety Manager/Director before departing the work shift on the day of an incident, injury, or illness.
- Conduct and document a Post-Accident Safety Meeting with the respective work crew for all Level 2 and Level 3 injuries or illnesses and assist the Project Superintendent in communicating the incident details during shift brief.
- Assist the Site Manager in communicating the incident details at the shift briefs and to BHI senior management on the Site Manager's morning call, detail the preventative measures implemented.
- Organize and manage all assigned work tasks/activities to meet site schedule and goals.
- Ensure detailed pre-job briefings are delivered on a daily basis through personal presentation or participation. Attend all pre job briefs for critical activities, such as work in a trip sensitive area, and documenting by signature their attendance on the Pre-job sign in sheet.
- Participate in the High Rad Brief with the crew requiring entry into a High Rad area and ensure crew signatures on the correct RWP and adequate three-way communication with an RP Technician using appropriate maps. Maintain positive control up to the boundary for crew personnel for first entry to a high rad area and as necessary thereafter.
- Identify barriers to success and to aggressively pursue permanent changes to increase productivity.
- Perform walk downs, constructability reviews, and estimates and determine manpower needs during work planning.
- Conduct periodic tours (85%) of their time) in the field performing inspections and observations of all preparation and job locations including Confined Spaces (water box, condenser steam space, pipe tunnels, etc.), High Rad Areas (Dry well, Building Sump Areas, etc.), and outlying fabrication facilities before (as access permits) and during the outage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis -- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation -- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend 85% of their time in an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth.
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have three years successful performance at the supervisory level, five years at the journeyman craft level, OR an Associate Degree and 3 years at the journeyman level. Completion of BHI Leadership Academy for alignment with BHI and industry standards and expectations Knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple and complex work assignments simultaneously are required. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively with peers; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.