[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
IT Documentation Specialist
The Information Management (IM), Information Systems (IS) organization requires an IT Documentation Specialist to support and work with the entire IS organization, assisting with various documentation assignments, technical writing and other project activities within the organization. The IT Documentation Specialist will support the managers, project managers and software engineers with all phases of IS work and deliverables.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
This position is responsible and accountable for providing documentation support including development and writing of IT documents, analysis of the organization’s documents and documentation process, and other activities related to IT documentation throughout the software development lifecycle. This candidate must be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with the IS team and customers; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing and exercise sound judgment and discretion. The IT Documentation Specialist will assist with all aspects of documentation within the projects and organization under the direction of the IS leadership team.
Typical duties and responsibilities could include:
• Analysis and verification of all required IT project documentation for all IM systems and applications
• Assist and initiate the writing of all software lifecycle documentation
• Assist and support Project Managers in customer and project meetings with requirements gathering and action tracking
• Assist and initiate the writing of software application test scripts
• Assist and initiate the writing of user manuals
• Support the document release process
• Support of IM status reports and documents including weekly reports
• Perform all work safely and in compliance with environmental obligations using the core functions and core elements of the Integrated Safety Management System/Environmental Management System (ISMS/EMS).
The IT Document Specialist will work directly with all levels of software engineers, project managers and managers.
• AA degree OR 4 years of experience in IT, communications, technical writing or related field (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in writing or communications in a technical discipline
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• Proven strong organizational skills, as well working under tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of experience in IT, communications, technical writing, or related field (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
• 3-5 years’ experience in IT technical writing or IT communications
• Hanford Site work experience
• Familiarity working in a National Quality Assurance (NQA) environment
• Experience using desktop publishing software
• Familiarity with software application development and life cycle
Subcontractor shall ensure that its personnel meet and maintain the appropriate training, qualifications, and certification requirements as applicable.
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
The primary work location is 2261 Stevens, Richland Washington, well as other Hanford Site work locations. Location is subject to change. Work including meetings may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.