[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Currently looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer in Knoxville, TN.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Preparing drawings, specifications, and other design related documents,
• Performing analyses, calculations, modeling and simulation of civil/structural/mechanical systems/components/materials,
• Providing support to various projects requiring design and analysis of concrete, steel, wood, masonry and other structural/civil engineering applications,
• Providing support in the development of design requirements, alternatives analysis, equipment selection/sizing, drawings, etc.,
• Performing structural design and project management for a multitude of projects including: small residential to large industrial structures of various materials (i.e. wood, steel, masonry, concrete), and other support structures and components
• Utilize structural engineering design software tools to plan, design and/or bid civil and/or structural project,
• Managing the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure,
• Prepare technical reports and calculation packages,
• Evaluating architectural, structural, civil, and mechanical plans for design, feasibility, safety and adherence to building codes and other municipal and government regulations,
• Considering construction costs, regulations, potential hazards, and other factors in planning and risk analysis,
• Reviewing and interpreting of geotechnical investigation reports, laboratory testing, and analyses to aid in design or plan and support construction projects,
• Maintain technical and professional knowledge of current engineering and construction practices, and assist in training and developing junior engineers, technicians, and other staff, and
• Assist on proposal efforts with specifications, technical approaches, and component sourcing/costs.
Required Skills, Training, Certification:
• Ability to perform detailed structural calculations and prepare engineering drawings and details,
• A Professional Engineering (PE) license,
• 6-10 years of position-related experience,
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
• Ability/willingness to travel (up to 25%),
• The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance may also be required.
Accredited four (4) year degree (BS) in civil engineering