[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
· Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
· Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
· Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
· Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
· Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
· Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
· Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
· Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
· Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus.
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or specialized courses in project management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work in order to help the project succeed.
· Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones.
· Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system and milestone.
· Identify, pursue and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
· Help manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
· Provide leadership in helping get problems solved and establishing priorities for construction.
· Deliver insights to constituents and executives regarding contractor performance and project performance to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with project objectives, contract documents, and regulatory requirements.
· Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
· Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements in order to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
· Help optimize contractor resource allocation.
· Analyze project information in order to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
o Define problems
o Determine significance
o Determine urgency
o Determine risks
o Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes