[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We have a need for a mechancial field engineer.
Duration five months.
The Mechanical Field Engineer reports to the Lead Mechanical Field Engineer.
• This individual is responsible for providing technical assistance, direction, and support to field supervision for all the PE area equipment.
• Has primary responsibility for review of equipment and design drawings for quantity takeoffs, quantity tracking, field material requisition requirements, knowledge of the work scope, technical issues, storage and maintenance requirements, perform in-process and final inspections and assure that the mechanical equipment installation proceeds and has been completed in accordance with the applicable drawings, codes, specifications, and standards.
• Is responsible for working with the Responsible Superintendent and supporting the work planning, scheduling and sequencing of equipment installation.
• Also works with the engineering and procurement organizations to ensure that design documents, drawings and vendor manuals are on site prior to the receipt of the equipment.
• Verifies installed quantities by visual inspection of the in-process and completed work, review the earning plan and report weekly progress in TeamWorks.
• Must be familiar with accepted mechanical codes and standards (e.g. API, ASME Standards)
• Assists the Field Procurement Supervisor in the inspection and receipt of equipment and in the setting up of jobsite controls for storage and protection of equipment.
• Coordinates and documents client and vendor required verifications of mechanical installations and tests.
• Performs inspections of equipment installation work in progress on a continuing basis, witnesses tests and completes final P&ID check prior to turnover. Develops punch lists and monitors completion of punch items.
• Assists in securing the necessary client acceptance documentation for record. Prepares and has full responsibility for managing mechanical equipment QC records to ensure that they are fully completed per ITP and ITRs properly submitted in a timely manner to Document Control.
• Initiate Non-conformance reports to formally document equipment that is damage or not in accordance with project specifications. Work with Lead Mechanical Field Engineer, engineering and suppliers to resolve technical issues and provide technical direction to superintendents and craft to implement remedial action.
• Work closely with other discipline field engineers and coordinate efforts and activities to meet the project requirements.
• Prior Mechanical Field Engineering experience is required
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience/qualifications
• Experience in both static and rotating equipment.
• Physically able to climb ladders & work in confined spaces.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving ability.
• Experience in oil, natural gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing, or electrical power projects in a construction environment.