[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Candidate must be able to apply sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices in a broad array of HVAC assignments. He or she will perform mechanical design of HVAC equipment and systems; developing and reviewing potential HVAC projects, and provide engineering support during major HVAC project implementation. Additionally, the individual will be required to lead in the execution and coordination of assigned facility HVAC work, exhibiting responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work assigned.
• Develop engineering HVAC designs/packages; including but not limited to drawings, specifications, and other implementation documents.
• Apply the applicable industry codes and standards to mechanical work performed on HVAC systems.
• Perform evaluation of building ventilation systems and assist in balancing to optimize control.
• Complete and document design details to include code compliance, issuing design documents, developing materials and parts lists, inspection and maintenance plans, system design descriptions, configuration management plans, engineering jobs, etc.
• Provide timely, customer service-based, engineering solutions for HVAC systems in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
• Support infrastructure projects with glove boxes and fume hoods to ensure proper HVAC integration.
• Work closely with operations personnel and systems engineering to develop integrated final designs of facility HVAC systems.
• Support procurement of materials, equipment and services related to HVAC
• Provide necessary analysis to balance building airflow and differential pressures in new and existing systems.
Minimum Job Qualifications
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 5 years of relevant HVAC experience.
Must be a US Citizen.
Mandatory Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with the design and maintenance of heating ventilation and air conditioning systems for commercial and industrial applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with nuclear HVAC systems including, high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter selection, sizing and aerosol testing and filter housing design and selection
• Experience with fan and duct sizing and layout
• Experience with applicable ASHRAE, SMACNA, and NFPA codes: SUPER IMPERATIVE TO HAVE THIS!!!!
• Basic understanding of ASME N509, ASME N510, ASME N511 and ASME AG-1 codes
• Experience with operation of variable frequency drives
• Experience with test and balancing of HVAC system and use of micromanometers
• Working knowledge of mini split AC unit system design
• Basic knowledge of building management systems and instrument and control of HVAC units
• Understanding of HVAC drawings and drawing symbols
• Working knowledge of chilled water systems and heat removal, air handler unit selection and Heat Load Calculations
• Knowledge of building automation and controls systems