[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Seismic Structural Engineer (18 month contract in Wilmington, NC or remote option available)
This position contributes to the team responsible for the Civil / Structural design of New Nuclear Power Plants (NPP). The Civil / Structural Senior Engineer will perform activities within a team environment, working with a global team of partner organizations and suppliers to advance new plant detailed design and successfully deliver NPP projects.
Essential Responsibilities (Required experience in following:)
• Perform Soil-Structure-Interaction (SSI) analysis of Nuclear Power Plant Safety-Related
• Perform design and analysis of Nuclear Power Plant Safety-Related Structures in accordance with the following codes: ASME B&PV Section III Division 2, AISC N690 code, and ACI 349 code.
• Perform Static and Dynamic analysis of complex NI and Containment structures using
SAP4, ANSYS and/or NASTRAN computer codes.
• Understand and analyze the effect of thermal stresses in the reactor containment and resolve over stress conditions
• Define hydrodynamic input loads for calculation of dynamic response of containment structure and the C/S design of reactor containment
• Analyze the effects of missiles, aircraft impact and severe wind on reinforced concrete structures
• Develop engineering reports and licensing documentation.
• Interface with internal and external customers, suppliers, partners, the NRC and international regulatory authorities on technical issues.
• Incorporate design requirements into analyses and design documents
• Serve as the technical expert, providing consultation on system design, design bases, and interfaces to other engineering disciplines
• Work within a team environment to execute work plans and schedules as applicable
• Perform work in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, or higher, in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in an engineering position ;Minimum 8 years of
• Plant Nuclear Island structural analysis experience, specifically Containment & Reactor
• Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant Systems Design
• Expert knowledge of relevant design codes and requirements
• Expert knowledge of ANSYS or other FEA computer software
• Expert knowledge of ACS-SASSI or SASSI Seismic Soil-Structure-Interaction computer software
Additional Desired Characteristics
Able to effectively communicate and work with others
• Robust knowledge of Turbine Island and BOP systems analyses and design
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience with BWR technology
• Knowledge of GEH ESBWR and ABWR Certified Designs