[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Note: Per Diem/Travel is not authorized by the client for this position.
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Construction Supervisor with the following qualifications:
Under limited supervision, performs construction support job functions as assigned by management.
Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management in construction, construction support construction and field engineering. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
* Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all contract requirements, quality standards, safety requirements and budgetary guidelines.
* Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective execution of the assigned scope of work at all times.
* Instructs employee on the work methods and performance expectations.
* Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel.
* Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors , May be assigned special Projects.
* Responsible for providing direction, training and evaluation of Construction personnel.
* Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed.
* Assists with maintaining positive employee relations.
* Responsible for group supervision and administration.
* May provide presentations to project senior management.
* May have some budgetary responsibilities.
* Oversees investigations of waste management facilities and evaluates environmental waste, transportation, treatment and disposal vendors for acceptability.
* Develops and oversees quality assurance and training programs related to the handling of radioactive and other hazardous waste.
* Assists in the preparation and implementing of approved Construction programs.
* Makes decisions independently as required to address and resolve problems and to plan and coordinate work.
* Plans, develops, coordinates and directs the activities related to a specific functional area.
* Applies diversified knowledge of construction and technical principles practices and methods for a range of assignments requiring knowledge and experience with advanced methods, techniques, and procedures.
* Initiates contacts with other construction support disciplines as well as projects, design engineers,and outside sources of technical and construction related information.
* Independently provides comprehensive, skilled, professional construction and technical support in addressing unique requirements and problems which have an important impact on construction activities.
* Initiates and maintains contract with project and engineering management as well as individuals and organizations capable of providing specialized services for unique and unusual requirements.
Desirable abilities to be performed on a daily basis:
* Ability to write clear and concise work instructions for craft workers to perform.
* Ability to read and interpret site procedures and requirements.
* Ability to interface with departmental representatives to obtain approvals for work instructions.
* Understanding of Integrated Safety Management as it pertains to activity planning.
* Familiar with organized labor and craft disciplines.
* Facilitate planning and job site walk downs to support work planning
Experience with deactivation, demolition, or environmental remediation planning and work execution a plus.
* Technical writing and planning skills are considered more desirable than actual field construction experience.
* May supervise and coordinate the activities of other construction support personnel.
* Responsible for training of subordinate personnel.
Duration: Through 09/30/2020 with possible extension(s)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.