[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for several Senior Planner opportunities for our customer in Los Alamos, NM for the LANL Facility.
• Participates in the planning and development of long-range plans to meet future institutional space needs. Assists in developing organizational objectives, developing specific short-term and long-range plans, and plans and ensures that assigned work objectives are attained and schedules are met.
• Ensures the institutional property excessing process.
• Participates in interior design implementation.
• Provides application support for numerous graphics packages that support the functions in space management and interior design.
• Coordinates relocation of facility occupants due to reassignment, consolidation, etc., including the provision for temporary (swing) space to accommodate displaced personnel resulting from short-term inconveniences.
• Conducts field measurement of both exterior and interior facility dimensions; collection of measurement data through use of blue prints and/or computer aided design facility drawings.
• Assists in the planning and development of Laboratory infrastructure and site planning activities and projects, including comprehensive site planning, master planning, and specific project site planning..
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives, reviews, prepares and reports on project and budget status, and manages schedules.
• May initiate and deliver concise and accurate oral and written presentations to internal and external customers on project status, changes, and alternative approaches, and complex institutional space and facilities reports for management.
• May function as point of contact and provide facility and space management consultation to customer groups.
• May develop life cycle scope, cost, and schedule estimates for long-range and/or perpetual projects.
• May act as a technical project management advisor to assigned other project management teams, peers, less experienced project managers, senior managers, and external customers.
• Provides counsel, advice, and assistance to management on matters dealing with government legislation, Department of Energy (DOE) contract compliance, and/or Laboratory policies or procedures to ensure compliance.
• Provides guidance and interpretation of Laboratory policies and programs concerning facility and space management and infrastructure and site planning.
• Researches, assembles, and/or evaluates information or data regarding industry practices or applicable regulatory changes affecting infrastructure and site planning policies or programs; recommends sound, practical solutions to complex issues.
• Understands and adheres to all Laboratory and industry regulatory guidance and governance specific to infrastructure and site planning.
• Ensures all results, processes, and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
• BS/BA Degree in Construction Management, Maintenance or Facilities Engineering and/or 15 to 18 years of relevant experience or 15 years industrial experience with 8 to 10 years actual work experience in nuclear or high hazard facilities (i.e. responsibility and rigor of operations and work package quality) or 15 years of industrial experience with 10 years of actual work planning experience in non-nuclear/low hazard facilities.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.