[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Civil Site Design Engineer 2
Duration: 3 YEARS, NO OPTIONS
US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Provide design for Civil Engineering tasks (i.e., site grading, utilities, drainage and hydraulic structures).
- Primary responsibilities include: development of hydro-logic storm runoff calculations and hydraulic calculations; preparation of site drainage and runoff detention calculations; design of site paving, grading, and soil erosion control; design of roadway and pavement; routing and design of underground utilities; preparation of earthwork quantities; preparation of Construction Specification Institute (CSI) specifications; and review of vendor documents.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Education: BS Degree in Civil Engineering or BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis on Civil Engineering courses, or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of Civil Engineering design experience.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare CSI Specifications. Candidate must be proficient in 2D Microstation CADD and HydroCad and must be familiar with Bentley Inroads.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare hydrologic storm runoff calculations and hydraulic calculations, site drainage and runoff detention calculations and earthwork quantities.
- Candidate must have the ability to design site paving, grading and soil erosion control, and to route and design underground utilities.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare design and fabrication drawings.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of applicable National Codes and Standards and pertinent South Carolina Environmental Regulations.
- Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances over a half mile, climbing ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
Previous SRS design engineering experience is preferred.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For Immediate consideration, please submit resumes to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solicitation closes March 1, 2020.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Minority Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******