[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Structural Engineer/Analyst with the following qualifications:
* Uses structural engineering tools and implements appropriate standards to analyze, and review Nuclear Safety-Related and Non-Safety-Related SSCs including linear and nonlinear structural analyses for various material types (concrete, steel, etc.).
* Interacts with other disciplines and structural engineering consultants in an effort to allow effective coordination of design activities and resolution of technical problems. Individuals should possess or acquire general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields in order to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
* Develops requirements documents, design specifications, design reports, and studies.
* Possess strong written and oral communication skills and routinely interacts with contractors and/or regulatory bodies.
• Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school. A registered professional engineer license (P.E.) is strongly preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years of nuclear/non-nuclear experience as a Structural Design Engineer is required. Additional experience in the following areas is also required:
• Design and analysis of structures, including concrete and steel, use of design software and finite element method analyses.
• Concrete, steel, and foundation structural design and analysis.
• Working with the following codes: ASCE 43, ASCE 4, ACI 349 & 318, ASCE 7, IBC, and AISC N690, Steel Construction Manual and Seismic Design Manual.
• Use of the following software: ANSYS, SAP2000, plus normal office software. SASSI is preferred.
• Computer programing skills (e.g. Matlab, or Python) is not required, but preferred.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: In-depth understanding of engineering concepts, principles, theories. Good organizational skills.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
Duration: Award through 12/31/2020 with possible extension.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.