[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Principal Fire Protection Engineer opportunity for our customer in Amarillo, TX for the Pantex Plant. Active DOE "Q" or DoD "Top Secret" clearance is required.
• Provide nuclear facility safety fire protection support services in accordance with DOE Orders and DOE-mandated fire protection condes and standards.
• Review and provide technical guidance for the Documented Safety Analysis (DSA).
• Develop, review, and maintain Combustible Loading Dispositions for nuclear weapons programs.
• Perform facility walkdowns to evaluate and document combustibles for stand-off requirements.
• Perform comprehensive fire protection assessments of Plant facilities, fire alarms, fire barriers, and sprinklers.
• Develop and implement combustible loading controls.
• Develop and support compensatory measures.
• Provide guidance for the development and approval of fire protection related exemption or equivalency requests.
• Review, develop, and maintain Fire Hazards Analyses (FHA) and Engineering support documents.
• Provide daily fire protection related operational support.
• Assure the Fire Protection Safety Basis Programmatic controls are being met.
• Serve as the technical authority for non-nuclear systems. Perform operability, engineering, and item equivalency evaluations of fire protection systems in nuclear facilities.
• Review identified documents having a potential impact to fire protection and life safety attributes of facilities, systems, and components to establish adequacy of fire protection.
• Serve as the system engineer and technical authority for technical safety requirements (TSR) credited fire protection related systems.
• Review manufacturing operating procedures.
• Support with acceptance testing of fire protection systems.
• Support with the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire protection systems.
• Currently active DOE "Q" or DoD "Top Secret" clearance required.
• A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (desired) or BS in Engineering is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant and diverse experience is fire protection design engineering is required.
• Experience working in a nuclear facility is desired.
• Thorough understanding of and demonstrated previous application of NFPA Codes is required.
• Must be able to support construction and operational activities related to design outputs.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.