[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Grade T3 – T6
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Designer/Draftsperson to perform duties to include:
• Retrieve existing facility drawings from electronic storage and retrieval system.
• Revise existing Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings to show facility modifications provided in engineering change documents.
• Redline (hand draw) hard copy facility prints to show facility modifications.
• Create new CAD drawings given sketches and information from engineers/designers and from person walkdowns performed.
• Serve as the coordinator of drawing management; reline coordinator; revision management; work closely with Configuration
• Other designer/drafter duties as necessary and assigned.
SPECIAL TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, OR LICENSES
• 5+ years' experience with Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CADD) utilizing Microstation/AutoCad, Smart Plant/Open Plant.
• Ability to hand-draw redlines on existing hardcopy drawing prints.
• Basic knowledge of both mechanical and electrical drawing symbols and conventions.
• Ability to track, store and retrieve large drawing sets for multiple facilities.
• Detail oriented.
• Highly organized in record keeping and file management; and
• Hazwoper and radiological training preferred; and
• Ability to obtain a "L" clearance.
High School Diploma
5 years relevant experience
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by the supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.