[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Systems Engineers are focused on ensuring the complete, overall design and implementation of low Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) communication and sensor systems. Leading to achieve results in our customers’ challenging environments, while demonstrating significant technical capabilities in meeting customer needs. Our engineers apply this focus to a wide range of products spanning multiple technologies such as SIGINT sensors, low SWAP communication transceivers, EW products, EO/IR, and chemical/biological sensors.
You should apply for this role if you are driven to see the whole picture and find challenge in leading a team through rapid systems engineering processes realizing technically difficult projects in challenging operational and host system environments. This position is perfect for the candidate who has a demonstrated track record developing advanced technical solutions with a focus on RF hardware and communications systems, utilizing advanced digital signal processing.
Our Systems Engineers perform at all levels from concept and design through to test, installation, and operation; ensuring total system solutions that meet customer needs and expectations. Teams led by Systems Engineers are typically 5-10 people and require diverse skillsets that apply to the entire lifecycle of a program. In this position the candidate will need to engage with end customers and operators through direct contact, to enable pragmatic and early feedback into development efforts to better align project outcomes to customer needs and expectations.
Examples of programs and products executed include:
· Unique waveform communication products.
· Extremely low power unattended sensors (i.e. low SWaP).
· Counter-Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) devices.
· Innovative Digital Signal Processing (DSP) solutions.
· 5 years’ engineering experience with Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Science or related discipline OR 3 years’ engineering experience with Masters in Electrical Engineering, Science or related discipline OR 0 years’ engineering experience with PhD in Electrical Engineering, Science or related discipline
· US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance is required
· Significant experience in one or more of the following:
o System Architecture
o Modeling and simulation
o Integrated circuit and electronics design
o Requirements derivation & flow down
o Leading system and/or subsystem design
o System integration testing
o Verification and Validation
· Significant technical contributions in RF hardware, DSP design, RF communication, RF collection, and/or EW programs.
· Experience in SWAP design challenges
· Active Top Secret Clearance
· Master’s / PhD in relevant field