[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
Mechanical Engineer 3- Refueling and Remote Handling Robotics/Automation (Job No. 41-032020-01)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Refueling and Remote Handling Group is a direct hire position responsible for fuel and reactor module handling, including its remote disassembly, inspection, and assembly during reactor refueling. It provides for the design of remotely operated or controlled automated, robotic, and tele-operated material handling and inspection equipment for use by Client in a variety of operating environments. The mission of the group is provision of efficient, safe, and reliable material handling equipment and processes that ensure the achievement of refueling outage performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and innovation.
2. Provides and utilizes system engineering input in the development of material handling, inspection and control systems.
3. Prepares, checks, and reviews engineering reports, system descriptions and specifications, drawings, calculations, and other design documents with particular emphasis on material handling system and inspection systems, machine and component design. Works on complex tasks in multiple and diverse areas.
4. Work collaboratively with the Nuclear Steam Supply System Component design organization to ensure adequate features are provided to accommodate Clients material handling functional and performance requirements
5. Supports and incorporates systems engineering and process design planning.
6. Develops and maintains engineering standards and criteria.
7. Assists in the planning and organization of complex engineering work. Performs innovative and complex engineering assignments on a team dedicated to the development of an engineered product; interprets scope and requirements of projects; develops alternatives.
8. Supports and manages procurement of services and equipment.
9. Assists others in the utilizing sound approaches and standards for solving problems in technical areas of expertise.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
Creativity/Innovation: Able to identify new or alternative solutions to improve equipment operating efficiency and reliability, or to overcome technical challenges. Actively contributes ideas and opinions.
Planning/organizing: Assists in the prioritization and planning of work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events. Willing to be taught the additional knowledge required for the design of remote/automated equipment operating in a nuclear environment.
Dependability: Accountable to team members and honors work commitments, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
Safety Culture: Adheres to the Client Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education: A B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering from a four year accredited (ABET preferred) college or university is required. A PE license in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant full-time professional experience is required. Demonstrated experience required in:
1. Implementing engineering design processes to design mechanical handling equipment and systems. Prior experience operating in a nuclear operating environment is a plus.
2. Planning, preparing, and checking mechanical design documents for mechanical equipment and systems.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NECs new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at email@example.com.
Excellent compensation package, including life insurance.
Thank you for considering NEC.