[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
Mechanical Engineer 4-Reactor Module Component (Job No. 41-033120-01)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is being offered as a direct hire. The Reactor Module (RXM) Design Engineering organization generates technical requirements and associated design parameters for the modular advanced light water reactor (ALWR) nuclear steam supply system (NSSS). Utilizing proven state-of-the-art methodologies Reactor Module components are engineered to nuclear industry standards. The person in this position provides component engineering and manufacturing support in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and applicable Nuclear Regulatory Requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Generate technical requirements for the modular ALWR nuclear steam supply system components.
2. Prepare and review engineering specifications, drawings, and other documentation that communicate the design and technical aspects of components, systems, and structures associated with the reactor coolant system and nuclear steam supply system. Works on complex tasks in multiple and diverse areas.
3. Compile functional and design requirements into component and assembly design with consideration for system interfaces, manufacturability, serviceability and in-service inspection.
4. Develops manufacturing parameters, tolerances and assembly processes associated with the reactor pressure vessel, pressurizer, steam generator, reactor vessel internals, containment pressure vessel, main steam and feedwater piping, component supports, valves, and control rod drive mechanisms.
5. Understands results from supporting thermal hydraulic and applied mechanics analyses and incorporates them into the component design.
6. Uses results from engineering calculations consistent with the requirements defined in the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section II, III, XI, and the ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code to optimize component design.
7. Provides mentoring and technical direction to less experienced engineers. Serves as a technical lead for the design of systems, structures, and components. Responsible for results and engineering oversight.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education/Certification: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Materials or related Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program. A PE license or eligibility to obtain one is desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience. Specific experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
o Control Rod Drive Mechanism (CRDM) design and qualification.
o NSSS Steam Generator (SG) design.
o Knowledge of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sections II, III, XI, and B31.1 material, fabrication, pre-and in-service examination.
o Experience with the development and certification of ASME design specifications is preferred.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: Understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NECs new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at email@example.com.
Excellent compensation package, including life insurance.
Thank you for considering NEC.