[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking qualified Schedulers.
Performs Project Control functions related to project life-cycle schedule planning, creation, execution, control, and maintenance for a portfolio of projects.
- Support on-line work control process using independent judgment and discretion.
- Reconcile the scope of work by review of the project schedule with the work steps specified in the work packages.
- Estimate the activity durations in collaboration with Construction. As work packages are released by Engineering, craft work-hour requirements are estimated for each step.
- Validate and baseline the Integrated Schedule (IS) considering all internal and external dependencies supported by round table reviews with all project participants.
- Compile and publish the work scripts which present the detailed steps specified in the work package for each current schedule activity.
- Perform the daily work inspections. Progress updates are based on the Schedulers' walk-down of the work followed by validation with Construction.
- Validate the reported progress and calculated critical path. Ensure all necessary input and progress mark-ups are provided in time to support the daily update cycle including schedule recalculation deadlines and shift turnover meetings.
- Communicate schedule performance effectively in accordance with Communication Plan for Scheduling which includes milestone schedules and supporting level of activities, logic diagrams, percent complete curves with earned value calculations, status table, and look-ahead plans.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and five years of experience utilizing Primavera (or other Scheduling software) to schedule various projects or a combination of education and experience. Experience scheduling at a power production facility preferred. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel. Excellent computer skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Must actively demonstrate the company values and support the ethics standards.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans