[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SRNS518681 – SR. TECHNICAL EDITOR – AIKEN, SC – 12 MONTHS – OPEN THROUGH 5/24
ReNuke Services is seeking a Sr. Technical Editor at our client site in Aiken, SC. This role does require candidates to be U.S. citizens.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Capital Services for, various projects associated with the company site. This support is in the form of administrative and technical expertise in the areas of technical editing and graphics effects for various project documents. Safety is a primary responsibility for all employees working on and off SRS. Obtain safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task.
• Create effective, high-visibility project communications. Design, create, write, edit, and publish materials, ensure that publications support the accurate reputation and image of the projects.
• Write, edit, and manage task teams of publishing personnel to publish documents. Analyze and evaluate information to design and create effective, high-visibility communications with intended audiences, ensuring that critical deadlines are met.
• Compile, consolidate, analyze, evaluate, and research materials submitted for publication. Determine best style, format, and language to convey information to intended audiences.
• Research, write, edit and proofread technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications
• Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specification and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
• Negotiate and develop schedules.
• Establish new methods for developing and processing documents as needed.
• Consult with organizations and personnel involved in submitting, processing, and distributing classified materials. Participate in project team meetings, discussions, strategy formulation and presentations internal to the project as well as external with clients and regulators.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: U.S. Citizen
• Bachelor of Science (BS) or a Bachelors of the Arts (BA) in in Technical Communications, English, Business, Engineering, Science or related discipline and 5-7 years related experience. or an associate of arts (AA) or an associate of science (AS) and 8-10 years related experience or high school diploma (or equivalent) and 10+ years directly related experience.
• Understanding of and ability to communicate technical information required. Knowledge of publication processes, electronic publishing; and technical expertise.
• Use of mark-up techniques, layout design, templates, and desktop publishing computers/software.
• Demonstrated ability to edit documentation, procedures and specifications and to negotiate document approvals.
• Experience with creating and adhering to work completion schedules. Hands on experience communicating with document originators, authors and other editors to discuss editing recommendations.
• Experience in working environments that require the ability to edit, plan, schedule, consult, persuade, promote team efforts, and facilitate workflow.
• Ability to communicate with managers and professionals to negotiate, advise, and persuade on expeditious use of services.
• Experience with the classification of documents and approval procedures involving document classification. Educate, consult, and advise Publication Services to customers.
• Develop and provide information and training of available editorial standards and products. Apprise peers and customers of standards and trends.
• Determine and match Determine and match customer needs with available resources.
• Possess excellent verbal and writing skills along with the Computer skills to support these activities.
WORK HOURS: A 40-hour work week is scheduled; however, the specific work schedule will be established based upon the project needs. [SRS utilizes various work schedules; including 4/10’s (10 hours/day, 4 days per week), 5/8’s (8 hour/day; five days per week) and, 9/80’s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS: Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on work assignments.
• Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
• ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status