[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Project Managers (PMs)
NOTE from Empyrean: Please note that recruitment for open positions is actively on-going. Deployment and site protection requirements will be discussed if offered a phone interview. Empyrean respects and supports employee safety and protection guidelines and client safety protocols during this uncertain time.
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Seeking the professional services of experienced Project Managers to support all aspects of Project Management in support of the Capital and Infrastructure projects currently underway and those that are upcoming at the WIPP Site.
• Experience working in the DOE or equivalent industry, with extensive experience in Project Management as it pertains to their specific discipline.
• Five years of relevant experience required.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned projects. Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other projects while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of all aspects of Project Management.
• General: 5-10 years of Project Management experience in medium and large scale DOE General Plant Projects (GPP), or Capital funded projects. Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred.
• Education requirements: Bachelor of Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent.
• Knowledge shall include an understanding of Project Management principles, theories, and concepts. Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations. In additional knowledge and experience should include:
• Proficient in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they are calculated
• Knowledge of terms including but not limited to CV, CPI, SV, SPI, BAC, EAC and VAC
• Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic, predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis.
• Experience with analyzing monthly variances along with mitigation strategies for these variances
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications
• Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
• Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working under the supervision of a senior PM or Manager, Capital & Infrastructure Projects, demonstrate and provide project leadership in their area of responsibility.
• Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations.
• Identify project risks and opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to eliminate/mitigate risks or exploit opportunities. Support the maintenance of an accurate and up to date Risk Register.
• Ensures development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown
• Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements.
• Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.
• Establish, track, and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics/milestones on a routine basis.
• Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.
• Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.