[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NWP is seeking the professional services of experienced Project Managers to support all aspects of Project Management in support of the Capital and Infrastructure projects currently underway and those that are upcoming at the WIPP Site.
The Subcontractor shall provide staff augmentation personnel to perform assigned responsibilities and support through the completion of assigned projects, with primary emphasis on deliverables associated with control account management and delivering on time and within budget.
Subcontractor personnel shall execute Project Management responsibilities for their respective discipline/project area of responsibility to deliver the end result of the project scope.
Subcontract personnel shall apply standard problem-solving techniques and Project Management principles, concepts and theories. Subcontract personnel shall all necessary project data and deliverables as required by NWP Procedures.
The Subcontractor shall support the daily execution of activities during project delivery, and may provide some off schedule (back shift, weekend) Project Management coverage during times of critical evolutions.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working under the supervision of a senior PM or Manager, Capital & Infrastructure Projects, demonstrate and provide project leadership in their area of responsibility.
• Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations.
• Identify project risks and opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to eliminate/mitigate risks or exploit opportunities. Support the maintenance of an accurate and up to date Risk Register.
• Ensures development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements.
• Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.
• Establish, track, and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics/milestones on a routine basis.
• Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.
• Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
• Ensures that a firm scope-based schedule baseline is established and properly resourced.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the schedule tools, procedures, and work process. Manages performance and progress against the plan and ensures accurate forecasts with commensurate action plans.
• Reviews, reports and manages key performance measures defined within the contract. Implements corrective measures when measures are outside service levels or bandwidths.
• Consistently meets or improves upon the established schedule goals in their area of responsibility.
• Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
• Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to represent the project and enable successful delivery
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• 5-10 years of Project Management experience in medium and large scale DOE General Plant Projects (GPP), or Capital funded projects.
• Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred.
• Bachelor of Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent.
• Knowledge shall include an understanding of Project Management principles, theories, and concepts. Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations. In additional knowledge and experience should include:
• Proficient in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they are calculated
• Knowledge of terms including but not limited to CV, CPI, SV, SPI, BAC, EAC and VAC Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic, predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis.
• Experience with analyzing monthly variances along with mitigation strategies for these variances Strong oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications • Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
• Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******