[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Radiological Protection organization is seeking a dynamic Radiological Control (RadCon) Manager, who has the ability to lead by example, resolve issues at multiple levels, and act strategically with the utmost integrity. The RadCon Manager is responsible for implementing a safe, effective, and compliant Radiation Protection Program. Our mission is protect people, the environment and the public. If you are a qualified professional who enjoys working in challenging environments, we want to talk to you!
A day in the life of the RadCon Manager involves:
- Addressing emerging issues and priorities to achieve organizational goals.
- Implementing the requirements associated with Integrated Safety Management System/Environmental Management System (ISMS/EMS).
- Providing training to qualified staff .
- Coordinating and providing support to project staff concerning project performance goals and operational priorities.
- Supporting attainment of Safety, Health, Security & Quality (SHS&Q) goals and objectives.
- Continuously seeking efficiencies and opportunities to reduce cost.
- Fostering compliance with requirements by routinely monitoring work to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Continually evaluating the organizational performance and making needed corrections and improvements; is proactive, timely, and compliant in dealing with personnel matters.
- BS/BA in science, health physics, engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus a minimum 10 years' job related nuclear facility experience, which should include 3 years' DOE radiological experience, and 1 year of supervisory/management experience
- American Board of Health Physicists or National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists certification
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
- A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing!
- A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance!
- An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.