[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for two (2) Senior Construction Engineers - Mechanical/Piping with the following qualifications:
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various Pipe / Mechanical activities/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
* Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
* Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
* Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
* Developing work instructions and work plans for installations/modifications.
* Performing job hazards analysis for installations/modifications.
* Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities.
* Performing post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design, specifications, codes and standards.
* Developing as built drawings of piping systems.
* Providing support of post installation/modification testing activities.
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
Candidate must meet one of the following:
* Technical Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related experience. -or-
* Technical Associate's degree and greater than 7 years of related experience. -or-
* A high school diploma and at least 10 years of related experience.
Skills/ Specific Experience:
Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of ASME piping codes.
Knowledge of installation and testing of HVAC systems and component
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform construction work planning, job hazards analysis, and material take offs associated with installation of piping system components and equipment.
Previous SRS experience is preferred. Previous experience related to construction engineering, work planning, job hazards analysis, and material procurement utilizing SRS specific processes, programs, procedures and systems is especially preferred.
Duration: 12 Months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.