[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Electrical Engineer opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, New Mexico for the LANL Facility.
Facility Engineering (Electrical)
Seeking individual(s) to provide electrical engineering support to assist N3B in electrical Infrastructure Upgrades for new structures, Transuranic Waste Process Lines, and Waste Storage Facilities. Ensure activities and operations performed in a safe, compliant and deliberate manner. Perform all aspects of work in engineering operations and coordinates inter-disciplinary activities. Perform additional duties and deliverables as determined by the Facility Engineering Manager, which may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and provide system modification designs and design review(s) for new and existing electrical systems
• Perform and interpret arc flash calculations utilizing SKM Modeling software
• Plan and implement engineering design projects for Hazard Category 2 & 3 nuclear facilities and work within multidiscipline, integrated project teams to complete design projects.
• Perform electrical safety evaluations for new and legacy systems (480V)
• Oversee modifications of existing electrical systems.
• Perform field inspections and walk-downs to ensure system operability.
• Provide configuration management support of nuclear facility safety systems for operations, including coordination of post maintenance testing and other system maintenance requirements.
• Implement nuclear facility authorization basis documents, including performance of all required system inspections and surveillances.
• Provide operations with Conduct of Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations technical baseline support.
• Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on electrical systems.
• Apply N3B, DOE, and ASME, engineering and maintenance codes and requirements to all work.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Power design experience
• Minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience
• DOE or DOD Experience in a nuclear facility
Note: This position does not require a security clearance, but is subject to a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.