[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Responsible for applying appropriate welding techniques to join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weld able material. Also responsible for interpreting blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to perform welding processes.
- 1. Perform all job duties safely according to job requirement.
- 2. Demonstrate proper use and care of hand tools and measuring devices.
- 3. Pass the welder qualification test according to job specifications and appropriate codes.
- 4. Proper purging and monitoring of stainless steel piping.
- 5. Demonstrate proper use and care of power tools.
- 6. Demonstrate proper use and care of a welding machine.
- 7. Perform acceptable welds in all positions according to job requirements and governing codes.
- 8. Perform cleanup duties.
- 9. Perform craft related math.
- 10. Perform acceptable work at varying heights (such as ladders, scaffolds, etc.).
- 11. Ensure proper ventilation for welding (i.e. hexavalent chromium).
- 12. Wear a respirator as needed (blood pressure no higher than 150/90).
- 13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of vessels.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to to work in an industrial environment in the elements. Must have the ability to talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of aligning parts, setting up equipment, using precision measurement tools. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete Radiation Worker Training. Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, be able to assemble and disassemble objects, and be able to operate small equipment and power tools. Must be available for shift work, if needed. Must be able to support other crafts as requested. Ability to work at varying heights, cramped quarters, extreme heat and/or extreme cold, and loud (above 89 decibels) environments required. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.