[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a (2) Construction Design and Integration Engineers opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Capital Projects group at Savannah River Site.
Duration – 1 year from date of award with two (2) one-year option periods
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 07/14/2020
Three (3) Construction Design and Integration Engineers (Engineer)
Shall provide construction planning support services to the NNSA Capital Projects mission being performed by Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS), LLC. The primary focus of these support efforts will be construction program management assistance and support to the SAS NNSA Capital Projects initiative by the valuation of the various project scope, planning, cost, schedule and construction management plans. Also develop construction procedures and processes for primary construction management functions and project integration interface with engineering and procurement.
Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
1 to 4 years nuclear (preferred) or industrial engineering experience Typical Duties (not inclusive): Under supervision, performs standardized
assignments using standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Provide personnel for the design and integration of construction processes to support the SAS NNSA Capital Projects Construction Planning Team, including the following:
• Provide strategic and tactical construction management support to various Program Managers as needed to accomplish the NNSA Capital Project mission objectives.
• Develop construction procedures and processes for primary construction management functions and interfacing with engineering and procurement.
• Develop field document control I work package procedures, processes and package closure processes.
• Develop project means and methods and project management planning and design reviews for actively interfacing with SAPPF, TFF and SPD as necessary.
• Assess the current state of construction planning and progress, including schedule of activities, for the preparation of construction procedures, deliverables and purchasing strategies as required to gain a positive lead on the current schedule.
• Support as required the continuing evaluation and implementation of the recommendations made to establish and prepare the required deliverables and implementing strategies for the NNSA Capital Projects.
• Prepare reports documenting the review results and recommendations developed in performing the actions noted herein.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week)-preferred, and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.