[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Lab is seeking a Project Controls Specialist, this position reviews and analyzes project scheduling/costing and project related information for, and as defined by, matrixed projects to which he is assigned. Utilizing Project Management and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodologies in compliance with DOE O413.3B, the Project Controls Manager is responsible for in-depth review and analysis of project cost, schedule and risk throughout the life cycle: initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout. Responsibilities include ensuring project compliance with the DOE Certified Earned Value Management System, identifying the root causes for cost and schedule variances, evaluating trends to mitigate project cost and schedule risk.
This Position reports, functionally, to the Project Management Office and is matrixed to Projects as needed across the Lab.
Input and configuration control of project specific schedule and cost information into the master projectresource loaded schedule in line with the most current government and industry requirements andguidelines for EVM implementation to ensure compliance with PPPL’s Project Management System.
a)Collection and update of project status as reported by project line management on a monthlybasis and as needed.
b)Change Management - Preparation and execution of project change requests
2.Provision of up to date cost, schedule, and variance status information, and modeling of proposedalternatives and options as proposed by the project manager as needed.
3.Thorough independent review and analysis of project schedules for proper sequence, logical relationships,and critical path analysis.
4.In-depth review and analysis of project performance providing clear results of variances and identification ofspecific task(s) causing them.
5.Project cost and schedule risk analysis/identification of potential schedule and cost issues. Proactivelyinforming Project management of potential risks and problems and proposal of resolutions with sufficienttime to mitigate the impact(s).
6.Update and review of project documentation, provision of charts, graphs and presentation materials andstatus reports as needed.
7.Contribution to the development of the organization’s project management/earned value policies.Maintaining functional proficiency through participation in earned value and project reviews.
8.Provide review of proposed projects and what-if analysis using data mining techniques from historical projectcost, schedule, and performance archives.
9.Other duties as assigned by matrixed projects
Comprehensive earned value management knowledge and experience in interpretation, execution, and application of project management theories, principles, and techniques for cost and schedule systems for project and program portfolios
o Ability to use computerized performance measurement systems for schedule, cost and risk management
2. Thorough understanding of variance analysis
3. Experience with risk management and analysis
4. Knowledge of WBS, Sequencing, Resource loading and other controls
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
6. Strong ability to collaborate with project managers and teams
7. Ability to take broad concepts and raw data and develop timely and accurate information to be used by all levels of Lab leadership.
1. Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office with extensive and demonstrable experience in advanced Excel functions, and professional development and presentation of powerpoint (or equivalent) slideshows.
2. 5 (five) years of experience with Primavera scheduling software, or equivalent
3. Experience in Deltek Cobra, Deltek Acumen Fuse and Acumen Risk