[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR III with the following qualifications:
Under limited supervision, develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases. Resolves database performance, capacity, replication and other distributed data issues.
• Enforce best practices regarding database development techniques.
• Coordinates database design, development and performance to support business requirements.
• Maintains data backup process to ensure data availability.
• Validates data integrity through audits, file comparisons or similar processes.
• May support one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SSRS, SSIS, Oracle report manager, T-SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database modeling, entity relationship diagrams (ERD), SQL monitoring, data warehousing, performance tuning, backup and maintenance.
• Configures reports, data transfers and other user-driven requests for system data or output.
• Responsible for supporting IT related projects such as system upgrades and application development in compliance with standard project management methodologies.
• Plans and develops technical projects or activities which may contain unique technical problems having important impact on information management activities.
• Prepares activity and progress reports to senior management.
• Provides technical and/or functional support to information technology and business organizations.
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
• Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5-10 years.
Work history and/or education commensurate with:
• Duties outlined in the position description.
• Ability to influence others at all levels of an organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with enterprise level database platforms.
• The ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs.
Estimated duration: Base through 3/28/2021, plus 2 option years
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.