[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a BUYER, SENIOR with the following qualifications:
Under limited supervision procures engineered equipment and material in accordance with buyers and contracts plan and/or handles all facets of traffic activity to project and/or executes the expediting function in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned.
• Assist in development of buyers and contracts activities in accordance with established project and/or buyers and contracts policies and procedures
• May direct buyers and contracts technicians as required
• Performs buying, subcontracting, expediting and/or the activities in accordance with established project and/or buyers and contracts policies and procedures. Evaluates, selects and routes material shipment in accordance with procedures
• Reviews procedure manuals and training materials to ensure compliance within project, company, client and governmental regulations and laws surrounding contracting/procurement processes and procedures
• Serves as a resource to less experienced team members
• Performs research and compiles information/data on vendors, materials and supplies
• Processes RFPs, RFQs, contracts, purchase orders and delivery orders actions
• Assigned complex, high profile, or large dollar contract and procurement actions for execution
• Researches and writes complex or difficult specifications
• May make assignments of lower level team members
• Provides training to team members
• Prepares and reviews reports for compliance of project, company, client and governmental regulations contracting/procurement processes/procedures
• Provides assigned technical, administrative or functional support to the management team
• Performs duties complex in nature.
• Other job related duties as assigned
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
• Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BA/BS degree in a related field and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 – 10 years.
Strong interpersonal/communication skills
Strong PC skills including Microsoft applications
Expert knowledge of policy and regulatory requirements for contracting/procurement
Estimated duration: Base through 3/28/2021, plus 2 option years
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.