[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
US Citizenship Required: Yes
The following lists examples of required duties:
• Provide staff augmentation support for the Senior SRP3 Program and Project, Savannah River Pit Production Plant (SRP3) Mission.
• Primary responsibilities include both program and project activities, such as, generating, reviewing, evaluating, analyzing, and revising written materials for submittal to the DOE.
• Prepare and provide input and reviews to development of Conceptual Design package leading to submission to NNSA to receive Critical Design, CD-1 approval, such as, staffing analysis, risk management systems, schedules, and cost estimates.
• Develop and establish a set of metrics for performance monitoring of program activities.
• Perform review and provide recommendations on engineering plans and products.
• Perform program, project, and/or task management and development implementation plans.
• Develop overall interface flowsheet, including engineering, technical, and regulatory assumptions.
• Participate and/or review engineering and feasibility studies/reports.
• Evaluate previous Savannah River Site engineering studies and evaluations for applicability to the Pit Production Mission and provide engineering input on conceptual design product reviews.
• Support development of briefing and communications materials
• Provide recommendations on technical and management approaches to work execution
• Provide expert advice on organization constructs and staffing, such as design authority, change control board operations and makeup, and design integration related to multiple design agencies
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS. Classified matter will need to be accessed to support a comprehensive report.
U.S. Citizenship required
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in an Engineering discipline.
Fifteen (15) years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear experience commensurate with education criteria.
Ten (10) years design project management experience on NNSA and DOE missions at SRS and/or other DOE facilities.
Ten (10) years executive level experience in managing design engineering for Line Item projects and programs and/or providing executive level design & project reviews.
A typical 40-hour work week is scheduled but part time support of at least 20 hours per week is acceptable. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance “Q” within the past two years are preferred. Supplier shall possess an active "Verification of FOCI" (that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.)