[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR9062 – IT SPECIALIST 6 – OAK RIDGE, TN – 12 MONTHS – NO PD – DUE BY 8/5
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking an IT Specialist at our client site in Oak Ridge, TN
Plans and manages implementation and integration of new technologies.
Medium to highly technical, complex problems on multiple projects. and provides consultative support to internal staff. Assists with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills. Viewed as a subject matter expert within the organization.
Acts as a mentor to less senior IT staff. Leads, directs, and trains team members on information systems in areas including application support, software engineering, software quality assurance and quality control, business analysis or database administration .
Analyzes, diagnoses, designs, plans, executes, and evaluates work to time, cost, and quality targets, exhibiting thorough familiarity with available methods, procedures, tools, equipment, and standards associated with own area of specialization within information systems.
Performs work that requires the application of a significant range of fundamental information systems principles in a variety of contexts while demonstrating strong leadership. Performs work in a technical lead capacity and makes decisions that require the application of a significant range of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable variety or contexts.
May be required to be in an on-call status to be able to promptly respond to and address user/customer needs.
• Bachelor's degree, associate degree , or technical diploma in Information Technology.
• 4 years of relevant experience in IT or 8 years of Enterprise level IT experience in administrate ion support or oversight capacity y.
• 1-3 years of professional experience
• Basic understanding of firewalls, Intrusion detection prevention systems, anti-malware products, forensics tools, vulnerability scanners and directory services.
• Basic understanding of PLC and SCADA platforms
• Experience working with industrial equipment
• Exposure to industry cyber security standards (NIST 800-53, 800-82, etc. )
• Understanding of virtualized and physical computer systems
• Ability to balance multiple projects with prioritization guidance
• Ability to identify issues create solutions and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, collaborat1on
• Good written and verbal communicat1on skills
• Ability to recognize and establish priorities and provide timely deliverables and consult relevant sources, including technical documentation, subject matter experts and project personnel, lo obtain information
• Familiarity with risk assessments and processes lo include the Risk Management Framework (RMF) .
• Solid understanding of DOE orders
• Knowledge of ICS Security Governance
• Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
• ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.