[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Responsible for assessing and performing NUCLEAR Power Plant Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) evaluations and testing for acceptance or rejection according to defined project clients' guidance and instruction, may include either manual and/or automated tasks depending on the project and client scope.
1. Perform NDE evaluations and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) at NUCLEAR power plants using (1) or more of the following types of ND testing methods:
a. Eddy Current Testing (ECT)
b. Magnetic Particle (MP)
c. Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
d. Radiographic Testing (RT)
e. Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
f. Visual Testing (VT)
2. Perform manual NDE at nuclear and fossil power plants requiring the inspector to exam the components in real-time with any recorded data (UT, PT, MT, and VT).
3. Perform automated NDE utilizing motion controllers recording the NDE data using a computer-based system (UT, ET, and VT).
4. Develop detailed procedures (may be operations, training, qualification tests, or inspections) for work on equipment and systems used in commercial nuclear power or fossil plants.
5. Maintain accurate and organized test results.
6. Report, interpret, evaluate and document NDE and NDT testing results as required per client project requirements.
7. Inspect NDE and NDT testing equipment on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and calibration requirements. Repair and/or maintain equipment as needed. Follow established procedures for tagging out equipment not meeting calibration standards or having defects.
8. Maintain preventative testing schedule for NDE and NDT inspections for plant to meet in-plant inspection requirements.
9. Provide Level I work instructions for Level I Technicians. Supervise and train Level I technicians.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend some of their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
In addition, this job operates in an industrial power plant environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, and working in confined spaces. This role may be exposed to high noise and heat levels depending on the specific work location. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have an Associate's degree in engineering or a related field and two (2) to four (4) years of experience in an inspection related position or a combination of education and experience. Must have current EPRI NDI PDE qualifications for automated and /or manual inspections, IGSCC certification is highly desirable. Highly desirable to have current Level II NDE certification in Ultrasonic inspections, additional NDE level certifications are recommended. Experience in balance of plant in-service inspections is required. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports; to interface with nuclear site organizations to develop successful problem solving strategies and approaches as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug an and/or alcohol screening. Must be able to obtain/maintain Unescorted Site Access Clearance.