[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Systems Engineer opportunity at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) in Oak Ridge, TN. The successful candidate must have 10+ years of experience leading engineering design and procurement activities for the construction of large, scientific facilities and experience working on projects using a DOE systems engineering approach.
Staff will be working withing the Fusion Energy Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and have a role in the design and construction of the Materials Plasma Exposure eXperiment (MPEX), a new facility for understanding plasma-material interactions for next-step fusion devices. The MPEX project is a DOE Order 413.3b funded project. In addition, staff will have the opportunity to work in the development of components for various projects for major international fusion experimental facilities in support of ongoing science and technology research for the Fusion Energy Sciences Program in the U.S. DOE Office of Science.
Systems Engineer Qualifications:
• BS in an engineering or physical sciences discipline required. MS preferred.
• Must have more than 10 years of experience leading engineering design and procurement activities for the construction of large, scientific facilities.
• Must have significant experience in working on projects using a systems engineering approach in Department of Energy, preferably conducted under DOE O 413.3b.
• Position requires a self-starter able to work independently and in a team.
• The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with members of the organization at all levels.
• Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.