[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Mechanical Inspector
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duration: August 2020 - December 2020
Due Date: Monday August 17th
Performs inspections of precision machined components fabricated by the clients CMG machine shop or by the clients suppliers to assure conformance with drawings, specifications and standards, Purchase Orders and approved inspection plans.
Position may also require performing surveillances of mechanical installations including field operations and installations in accordance with approve Technical/Installation procedures.
Position requires knowledge of Measuring and Test Equipment (preferably including CMM) to perform detailed inspections of machined parts or assembled components and the ability to interpret engineering drawings and standards to develop and execute inspection plans.
Individual will follow all applicable the clients safety regulations and clients procedures.
1.Performs inspections of fabricated precision machined components in the clients CMG machine shop to assure conformance with drawings, specifications and standards.
2. Perform receiving inspections of parts or items supplied by subcontractors or vendors as per applicable Purchase Orders Procurement quality assurance clauses, technical specifications, drawings and standards.
3. Support on-site field operations and installations in accordance with approved Technical and Installation procedures (i.e. machine component installations, facilities lifts, fire barrier penetrations and seals, construction oversight)
4. Perform surveillances and walkthrough oversight of work activities, and safety conditions.
5. Generates and issues various reports, such as inspection reports, nonconformance reports, and activity reports. Knowledge of MS office tools.
6. Identifies general problem areas that may span many work activities and could potentially impact Lab quality or ES&H, provides management with potential solutions to correct the problems.
Education and Experience:
1. High school graduate or equivalent is required. Associates or higher degree in engineering or technical field is desirable.
2. Eight (8) years of related experience in equivalent inspection activities associated with power plants, heavy industrial facilities, or similar facilities is required. At least two (2) years of this experience should be associated with accelerator facilities, nuclear facilities, or the aerospace, defense, or military industries.
3. Current or previous Qualification or certification as a Level II QC Mechanical Inspector is required.
4. Experience reading technical specifications, procedures, and drawings is required.
5. Computer literacy and use experience is required.
6. Ability to write clear, concise reports is required.
7. Certification in EPRI- VT-1, -2, -3,-4, or certification in Nondestructive Testing to SNT-TC-1A Level II for Visual Testing (VT) and Penetrant Testing (PT) is desirable.
8. AWS Certified Welding Inspector/ CWI is desirable
9. Willingness to travel to vendors/suppliers is required.
10. 2nd shift work and Overtime work may be required. 11. Familiarity with ASME, AWS, IEEE, NFPA and other construction codes is desirable.
11. Skill and ability to use modern measuring equipment (preferably including CMM) to perform detailed inspections of machined parts or assembled components is required.
Current or previous Qualification or certification as a Level II QC Mechanical Inspector is required. CWI certification is desirable.