[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Principle Safety and Health Specialist (Sr. Safety Engineer)  with the following qualifications:
DUTIES: Staff Augmentation shall provide personnel to support the Surplus Plutonium Disposition (SPD) and NNSA Capital Projects mission being performed by Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS), LLC. The primary focus of these support efforts will be to assist in the development, preparation and operation of the Safety processes associated with the SPD and NNSA Capital Projects. SRNS will draw on the support personnel’s experience and expertise. Personnel must ensure inclusion of all necessary Health and Safety Program needs related to program materials, hazardous materials, occupational injury/illnesses, and OSHA regulations.
The Sr. Safety Engineer will
• Advise on Health and Safety evaluation, compliance, and suggestions for improvement
• Demonstrate understanding of OSHA and DOE Health and Safety expectations and implementation
• Review Assisted Hazard Analyses (AHAs), work packages, and other materials.
• Consult with management on all safety and health matters.
• Assess organizational safety and health requirements.
• Conduct safety inspections.
• Provide training and evaluation of other safety related employees.
• Assist in the development of Health and Safety Program Materials.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: U.S. Citizen
REQUIRED EDUCATION: BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field (or equivalent major) and 7 years of Healthy and Safety experience OR combination of education and experience.
* Experience conducting safety inspections in the industrial and field settings
* Experience in hazard analysis processes and related documentation
* Experience in reviewing and implementing OSHA standards and other Health and Safety documents
* Ability to identify and quantify potential hazards/exposures
* Experience determining applicable limits and implementing control schemes that protect the work force
* Prior Health and Safety experience at a DOE site is desirable.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled; however, the specific work schedule will be established based upon the project needs. [SRS utilizes various work schedules; including 4/10’s (10 hours/day, 4 days per week), 5/8’s (8 hour/day; five days per week) and, 9/80’s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch.]
Minimal offsite travel may be required.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
Estimated duration: Award date for 12 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.