[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a ES&H Training Specialist (1) with the following qualifications:
Provide training duties primarily in the area of Environmental Safety and Health. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Instructor for Electrical Safety, Lockout / Tagout, and Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) courses.
* Support Training Services through training analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs to ensure ICP site wide personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform their assigned tasks.
* Ensures training activities follow company procedures and all applicable DOE, State and Federal regulations.
* U.S. citizen and able to work in Idaho.
* High School Diploma (BA degree or higher preferred)
** Extensive experience in electrical safety, lockout/tagout, and Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER).
* Management prefers candidates with a demonstrated knowledge of instructional techniques through basic instructor training (BIT) or equivalent (INPO Instructor), and knowledge and/or expertise in the field of instruction.
* Andragogical learning theory and a working knowledge of classroom motivation and management are key to the position.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple projects.
* Good time management skills.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Must have a thorough understanding of operations and conduct of operations.
* Familiarity with Systematic Approach to Training and DOE O 426.2, “Personnel Selection, Training, Qualification and Certification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities.
* Familiarity with company Manual 12, “Training and Qualifications”
Environmental, Safety, and Health Statement:
* Must be familiar with and comply with all relevant health and safety requirements.
* Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving unsafe work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.
Period of Performance: Upon award through 05/31/21
Work location: Idaho Falls Sawtelle Street Facility and INL Site.
Work Schedule: 4x10’s – Monday through Thursday
Estimated duration: Award date through 5/31/2021
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.