[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
JFoster and Associates, LLC (JFA) is an SBA-certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business, headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho, with offices in Boise, Idaho and Richland, Washington.
JFA specializes in providing support in the energy, engineering, environmental and construction fields to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and its contractors, the Department of Defense (DOD), state, municipal and commercial clients.
Our company offers competitive benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and 401 (k).
We are currently seeking a Training Specialist (ESH) to support the Training department at the Idaho Cleanup Project located in Idaho Falls, ID.
Provide training duties primarily in the area of Environmental Safety and Health. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Instructor for Electrical Safety, Lockout / Tagout, and Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) courses.
• Support Training Services through training analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs to ensure ICP site wide personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform their assigned tasks.
• Ensures training activities follow company procedures and all applicable DOE, State and Federal regulations.
• U.S. citizen and able to work in Idaho.
• Work a 4X10 schedule, based out of the Sawtelle Street Facility and Site.
• High School Diploma (BA degree or higher preferred)
• Extensive experience in electrical safety, lockout / tagout, and Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER).
• Management prefers candidates with a demonstrated knowledge of instructional techniques through basic instructor training (BIT) or equivalent, and knowledge and/or expertise in the field of instruction.
• Andragogical learning theory and a working knowledge of classroom motivation and management are key to the position.
Special Requirements/Training (Optional):
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must have a thorough understanding of operations and conduct of operations.
• Familiarity with Systematic Approach to Training and DOE O 426.2, “Personnel Selection, Training, Qualification and Certification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities.
• Familiarity with company Manual 12, “Training and Qualifications”
Environmental, Safety, and Health Statement:
• Must be familiar with and comply with all relevant health and safety requirements.
• Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving unsafe work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.