[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Controls Engineer opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN. DOE experience preferred.
UCOR works a standard 4/10 schedule, Monday through Thursday unless otherwise specified by management.
Education: Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
Experience: Three years project controls related experience. Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
Roles and Responsibilities: Position Responsibilities:
The Project Deployed Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in subproject baselines.
The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
Position Duties: General
1. Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
2. Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
3. Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
1. Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
2. Support project organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
3. Provide guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on Project Controls issues.
4. Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects.
5. Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects.
6. Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data.
7. Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects.
8. Prepare and status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
9. Review and verify schedule status based on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
10. Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules.
11. Work with project team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
12. Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
13. Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
14. Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
15. Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
16. Support management team at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
17. Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.