[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE RADIATION PROTECTION TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Radiation Protection Programs team is seeking an experienced Health Physicist who has the ability to support oversight and implementation of the CHPRC Radiological Protection program. Our mission is safe, compliant implementation of 10 CFR 835. If you are a health physics professional who enjoys challenging, yet gratifying work, then we want to talk to you.
A day in the life of a Program Health Physicist may involve:
• Supporting the implementation of 10 CFR 835.
• Providing technical support, procedure and technical basis document development, and implementation oversight of one or more program functional areas (ALARA, contamination control, work planning, assessments, instrumentation, emergency preparedness, etc.).
• Ensuring assigned policies, procedures, and technical documents effectively implement conduct of operations principles, safety management program components, and radiological control requirements.
• Providing radiological control expertise and coordination for major project activities in support of accomplishing critical milestones.
• Performing work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner.
• BA/BS degree in health physics, science, or engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience, plus a minimum of 7 years' related experience
• US Citizen
• Demonstrated experience in the field
• Experience in the implementation of occupational radiation protection, as defined by 10 CFR 835
• Demonstrated experience in the implementation of radiation protection programs
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
• A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing!
• A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance!
• An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.