[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a PC-Project Deployed Controls Engineer (1) with the following qualifications:
Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
* Three years project controls related experience.
* Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, AND thorough understanding of earned value management techniques.
* Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
The Project Deployed Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in sub-project baselines.
The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
Position Duties: General
1. Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
2. Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
3. Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
1. Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
2. Support project organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
3. Provide guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on Project Controls issues.
4. Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects.
5. Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects.
6. Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data.
7. Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects.
8. Prepare and status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
9. Review and verify schedule status based on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
10. Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules.
11. Work with project team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
12. Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
13. Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
14. Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
15. Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
16. Support management team at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
17. Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required.
Estimated duration: Award to 07/31/2021
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.