[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer (1) with the following qualifications:
** MS in Civil Engineering with a broad knowledge of civil, structural and nuclear construction. Registered Professional Engineer within the United States of America.
** Minimum 30 years of overall engineering experience, to include 5 years’ experience in concrete structural design for walls and foundations and 5 years’ experience in micropile design for structure support.
** Minimum 10 years project engineering experience at a nuclear and Department of Energy facility.
** Experience with DOE or DOD Nuclear Safety requirements.
** Proficiency with ANSYS Finite Element Analysis.
** Experience with design of Below the Hook lifting devices per the Hanford Hoisting and Rigging Manual.
Civil/Structural Engineer to serve as Project Engineer to support the design for the support of the 324 REC Cells structural modifications, and development of remotely operated equipment and ancillary components used to remove contaminated soils beneath 324 building.
The candidate will be required to support the design, testing, and installation of structural modifications to the REC Cells foundation to support remotely operated equipment to remove contaminated soils beneath the 324 building. Structural modifications to include micropiles, reinforced concrete cap, and soil stabilization. Support equipment will include a remotely operated excavator arm (REA) with associated tools, holders and mounts, transfer mechanism, hydraulic power units, manipulator arms, concrete saw, and a remotely operated impact device (ROID).
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide design review of the existing 300-296 design media
* Interface with design team to provide oversight and resolve comments on the 300-296 Waste Site Project.
* Monitor installation activities to ensure compliance with the engineered design associated with civil installations
* Develop logic, duration and man-hour requirements for discipline's portion of the engineering schedule.
* Reviews the schedule periodically to ensure that it is maintained and that man-hour expenditures are kept within budget limits.
* Assist in resolution of field installation issues concerning installation of structural components & equipment
* Support with design review record comment resolution, disposition, and close-out
* Subcontractor submittal reviews
* Facilitate resolution of subcontractor RCI’s
* Support development of Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), Design Change Notices (DCN’s) and redlines per procedure
* Provide input to construction field changes
* Provide support during Construction Acceptance Test (CAT) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP)
* Interface directly with Project Management, Construction Management, Buyer’s Technical Representative (BTR), and Engineering to provide timely resolution on engineering issues in the field, with a focus primarily on mechanical issues
* Provide support, as needed, during project status meetings, budgetary planning and travel as needed to witness subcontractor factory acceptance testing
* Serve as the interface between construction management, 324 Building Facility Engineering and Operations, as well as, interface with the 300-296 Remote Soil Excavation Project Engineering group.
* Manage and facilitate the development of Engineering Change Requests, construction aids, and engineering packages to assist Project Technical Services with documentation needed for the bid process
* Provide assistance to the Engineering Manager as needed to ensure resources are available to support field activities.
* Work with Project Controls to ensure the schedule indicates the appropriate predecessors and successors to activities in the schedule.
* Work with the Testing Manager to ensure the project engineers have provided the necessary input for the development of the Acceptance Test Procedures/Operational Test Procedures.
* Provide oversight of vendors/subcontractors and review vendor submittals.
Estimated duration: Award though September 30, 2021
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.