[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
To provide Design Delivery Project Manager staff augmentation support services on site to supplement Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS) staff during the term specified. The individual will perform work in accordance with WRPS controls, processes, and procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK-SPECIFIC
Responsible for, with management, planning and execution of Project Interfaces with Design Engineering (DE) Project Management (PM), DE Project Controls, Design Services (DS) Team, External Engineering Reviewers, and Project Approvers.
Task include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with the client and other key stakeholders by serving as liaison with client representatives to ensure proper and timely involvement throughout the project life-cycle.
• Uphold and assure compliance of the company’s policies, procedures, and processes.
• Management of complex, multi-discipline DE projects.
• Lead and facilitate development of scope, schedule, and budget baselines.
• Identify and evaluate potential scope changes and implement change management and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) techniques to maintain baselines and report on results.
• Execute work activities in accordance with quality standards and requirements specified for the project.
• Identify issues and risks for resolution, and determine best course of action or corrections to meet project performance incentives.
• Monitor and expedite submittals of engineering documents and drawings for both external review cycles and the final approvals cycle by understanding/learning the document submittal process and how the Smart Plant work flow is utilized.
• Coordinate with field execution Project Manager and assist to organize/prepare for External Review “Round Table” meetings.
• Prepare weekly performance and risk reports utilizing company PPM software.
• Relay impacts or changes with high sense of urgency regarding scope, risk, or delivery schedule to DE Leadership Team, field execution Project Manager and Project Team.
• Maintain electronic records within PPM software.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with 15 or more years of related experience, or BA/BS specializing in Project Management with 8 or more years’ relevant experience or a combination (as approved) of education and experience in senior level project management capacity.
• BS in an Engineering discipline and demonstrated experience managing engineering projects.
• Understanding of Sciforma or other PPM Software Platform for multiple-project management.
• Experience with SmartPlant Foundation.
• In-depth knowledge and background in managing multi-discipline design projects utilizing Project Management Institute (PMI) approach, strategies, tools and processes.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the management and execution of multiple projects with multiple disciplines that may include enterprise and DE functional organization initiatives and pilots, research and development projects, operations projects, large capital line-item projects, and facility design and build projects.
Work Location/Potential Access
Primarily work location will be at 2620 Fermi Avenue, Richland. Subcontractor may be requested to visit other WRPS office facilities in Richland and Hanford’s 200E and 200W Areas.
Site Access/Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.