[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR9078 - NUCLEAR SAFETY ENGINEER - OAK RIDGE, TN - LONG TERM
Submissions to client due by September 8, 2020
ReNuke Services is seeking a Nuclear Safety Engineer at our client site in Oak Ridge, TN.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
* Support achievement of line management objectives.
* Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
* Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
* Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
* Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
* Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
* Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
* Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
* Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
* Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
* Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
* Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
* Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
* Perform Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations for Hazard Category 2 and 3 nuclear facilities.
* Develop safety basis documentation for less than Hazard Category 3 (Radiological) Facilities to include: hazard identification through facility walkdowns, review of historical documents and interviews; facility radiological characterization in accordance with DOE-STD-1027; facility chemical hazard classification in accordance with UCOR procedures; calculations to estimate radiological material holdup based on contamination survey data; hazard analysis techniques; control development for inventory and activities to ensure facility characterization and classification limits are not exceeded.
* Develop, revise or provide technical guidance for safety basis documents for less than HC-3, HC-3 and HC-2 facilities including Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis as needed.
* Perform periodic reviews and updates of Safety Basis (SB) documents as listed above.
* Other NFS related activities as directed by the Project or Functional Management.
* B.S. in Nuclear, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering or related discipline.
* At least 5 years of DOE nuclear facility experience. Commercial nuclear experience will be considered.
* At least 5 years of experience in the development, maintenance, and use of (and compliance with) 10 CFR 830 safety basis documentation.
* Completion of DOE USQD training (10 CFR 830 subpart B; Section 830.203; and DOE G 424.1-1) is desired.