[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking a qualified Nuclear Site Manager.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Responsible for the supervision, daily coordination of support activities for BHI Energy employees assigned to the plant/station to ensure assigned scope of activities are performed in a safe, effective, and cost efficient manner in accordance with BHI Energy and the client's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall management, leadership, development, supervision, and scheduling of the activities for all assigned personnel exercising independent judgment and discretion.
- Serve as the on-site technical and administrative subject matter expert.
- Function as the single point of contact for BHI Energy personnel for the client at the plant/station.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable BHI Energy, client technical specifications, procedures and Human Performance (HU)/ safety standards and expectations.
- Manage the on-site hiring process with coordination from the Director of Operations and Recruiting. Process shall include work opportunity postings, interviews, selection, hiring and orientation (as applicable).
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ensure that personnel obtain and maintain job essential functions and qualifications required to perform assigned work.
- Conduct safety briefings, pre-job briefings (PJB's) and documented field observations.
- Foster and facilitate employee development through technical training and OJT.
- Champion Human Performance, Safety, Corrective Action, Quality Assurance, and other programs established to ensure safe, quality, and efficient performance. Responsible for daily safety briefings and enforcing BHI and client safety guidelines.
- Oversee the planning and budgeting needs as well as tracking costs for adherence to budget allocations.
- Maintain the schedule for the assigned personnel necessary to support the plant/station operational schedule.
- Monitor progress of all assigned work; identify and solve issues; report status of assignments to BHI Management and the client Resource Coordinator or designee as needed.
- Attend supervisory meetings, as applicable.
- Maintain accurate time keeping records for assigned personnel. Approve both paid and unpaid time off and manage assigned personnel schedules so that personnel are available to meet the operational schedule at all times.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of assigned personnel and coach personnel on areas for development and improvement.
- Provide coaching, disciplinary action and feedback to BHI personnel. Disciplinary action shall be performed in accordance with established protocol, proactively and maintaining consistency across the fleet to ensure fair and equal improvement opportunities for all employees.
- Responsible for the personal growth and development of assigned personnel.
- Work with Director of Operations to resolve personnel issues and claims.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis -- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
Systems Evaluation -- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in business or a related field and eight to ten years of experience in an industrial environment, with a minimum of five as a manager/supervisor or the equivalent experience. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel. Excellent computer skills, presentation skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Must actively demonstrate the company values and support the ethics standards. Must have the ability to effectively lead and direct personnel to meet client operational requirements. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.