[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineer (2)with the following qualifications:
Under limited supervision, performs Senior NCS Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in NCS program implementation; which may include duties or activities in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
* Maintains and implements Nuclear Criticality Safety Program in accordance DOE Order 420.1.
* Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors.
* Develops schedules for assigned projects and report progress.
* Responsible for development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed.
* Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems.
* Responsible for training preparation and facilitation.
* Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with NCS requirements and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy.
* Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members.
* Performs a variety of tasks complex and difficult in nature.
* Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
* Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs).
* Performs peer review of NCSEs, NCSDs, and NCS Calculation documents.
* Disposition of anomalous conditions.
* Responsible for technical ownership of assigned NCS projects
* Subject matter expert for assigned NCS projects
* Assists in training preparation and facilitation
* Lead role for projects as assigned
* Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards
* Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
* Serves as a resource for lower level positions
* Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
* Other job related duties as assigned
* Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
* Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
* Other job related duties as assigned.
* BS degree in science or engineering and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 - 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years direct NCS Engineer experience.
* Documented evidence of completion of independent peer reviews of a minimum of 3 NCSEs. * * Documented evidence of authoring a minimum of 4 NCSEs.
** Minimum of 1 year NCS experience at a facility that handles UF6 and its byproducts.
* Documented completion of NCS short course.
* Documented completion of critical experiments course or experience.
* Expert understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices
Estimated duration: Award date one-year
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.