[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Equipment Engineer
This engineer will provide assistance to the fabrication, design verification, and revision of design documents for custom equipment procurements. Typical equipment includes containment systems, material handling equipment, small scale process piping & equipment, furnace systems, metal working machinery, and pressure vessels.
• Processing of Supplier Deviation Disposition Requests (SDDRs) and Requests For Information (RFIs) on active procurements.
• Revise design documents, such as drawings, specifications, datasheets, test instructions, and calculations.
• Preparation of Engineering Change Packages (ECPs) and coordination with other project engineering disciplines.
• Perform Design Verification activities (requirements management) including technical evaluations of critical attributes and mitigations.
• Follow regimented quality assurance / quality control procedures.
• Minimum of eight (8) years mechanical design engineering experience.
• Proficient with 3D design software – CREO (preferred), ProEngineer or SolidWorks.
• Demonstrated capability in the design of custom equipment and/or containment systems, development of design documentation including fabrication drawings, engineering analyses, strength of materials calculations, fabrication and procurement specifications and basic knowledge in the selection of materials.
• Familiarity with MathCAD and MS Access (databases) a plus.
• Bachelor of Sciences degree in Engineering required from an ABET Accredited Program.
• Engineering Technology degree will not be considered.
• PE license required or the ability to obtain a PE license in New Mexico within 6 months.
• Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
• Must have the ability to acquire and be open to obtaining a government security clearance.
• Relocation will be considered.