[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Position Title: Senior Licensing Specialist (LEU + Project)
This is a contract temporary position; phase I of this project is expected to last through the end of December, 2021. The selected candidate will be able to work remotely from home.
Responsible for, under minimal supervision, supporting and addressing all regulatory activities for URENCO USA, to include but not limited to preparation of correspondence, inspections, peer reviews and report writing. Provides engineering, operational and technical consultation services in the solution of regulatory issues.
• Understand, interpret, and apply the US regulatory process for fuel cycle facilities and the documentation supporting that process, including 10CFR70, Regulatory Guides, Standard Review Plans, General Design Criteria, Branch Technical Positions, etc.
• Evaluate regulatory and industry trends to develop proactive site involvement in industry/generic issues.
• Prepare written correspondence to the NRC to include reports, amendment requests, exemption requests, NOV responses, RAI response, technical letters and regulatory required submittals.
• Develop site positions on compliance issues and NRC findings and support NRC inspections/requests.
• Interface with regulating bodies, inspection teams, and vendors to ensure satisfactory completion of assigned activities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to conduct independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques required, demonstrated critical thinking, good communication skills and writing skills are a must.
• Apply advanced project management skills in support of the facility operation, engineering programs and projects.
• Help ensure that the site is in compliance with regulations and helps to identify potential cost beneficial reductions in areas where excessive commitments have been made.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Regulatory Affairs, or other related science or technical field, and 5-7 years of relevant work experience. An Associate’s degree or equivalent and more than 1 year of relevant experience at minimum is required for consideration.
The duties and responsibilities listed above do not reflect the position description in full and complete detail.
URENCO USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. URENCO USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. UUSA supports a drug free workplace.
Empyrean is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status